COMBINED BIOTECHNOLOGY ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
For admission to M.Sc. (Biotechnology); M.Sc.(Agri.) Biotechnology/M.V.SC
& M.Tech. (Biotechnology) Programmes
Admission Announcement : 2016-17
On behalf of the participating Universities, the Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination on May 19, 2016 for admissionto (1) M.Sc. (Biotechnology); (2) M.Sc.Agri./M.V.Sc(Biotechnology) and (3) M.Tech (Biotechnology) Programmes being offered by various participating Universities (as per details given against each).
The entrance examination will be held at following 50 cities: Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi NCR, Dimapur, Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Katihar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pantnagar, Patna, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, Varanasi, Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam. In addition, the University will hold entrance examination at Kathmandu (Nepal) (The University reserves the right to change any Centre(s) of Examination without assigning any reason).
1. M.Sc. in Biotechnology
M.Sc. Biotechnology programme at (1) University of Allahabad, Allahabad; (2) Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology); (3) Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (M.Sc. in Bioresources Biotechnology); (4) Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi; (5) University of Burdwan, Burdwan; (6) University of Calicut, Kerala; (7) Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore; (8) Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology); (9) Gulbarga University, Gulbarga; (10) Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar; (11) Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar; (12) Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla; (13) HNB Garhwal
University, Garhwal; (14) University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad; (15) University of Jammu, Jammu; (16) awaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi; (17) Kumaun University, Nainital; (18) University of Lucknow, Lucknow; (19) madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai; (20) Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology); (21) M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara; (22) University of Mysore, Mysore; (23) University of North Bengal, Siliguri; (24) North Eastern Hill University, Shillong; (25) Pondicherry University, Pondicherry; (26) Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune; (27) R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur; (28) Sardar Patel University, Anand (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology); (29) Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology); (30) Tezpur University, Tezpur (M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology); (31) T.M. Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur; (32) Utkal University, Bhubaneswar; (33) Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks.
2. M.Sc (Agri.) Biotechnology/M.V.Sc.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade point average from any recognized university in the concerned subjects shown hereunder against each university:
1. FOR ASSAM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, JORHAT: B.Sc./B.Tech. in Agriculture/Horticulture/
Agricultural Biotechnology/Bioinformatics of 4 years duration from any recognized farm university having minimum CGPA 2.60 in 4.00 scale or 6.00 in 10.00 scale or 50% and above marks in traditional system. Graduates from general stream (3 year duration) may also be admitted in case seats remain vacant, however, they will have to take extra 20 credit hours as bridge course.
2.FOR BIDHAN CHANDRA KRISHI VISWAVIDYALAYA, WEST BENGAL: Applicants must have passed 4 year Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/Horticulture from a duly recognized University securing at least2.75 OGPA in 4.00 scale or 6.50 OGPA in 10.00 scale or at least 55% marks in aggregate.
3. FOR CH. SARWAN KUMAR H.P. KRISHI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, PALAMPUR:Agriculture, Horticulture or Forestry.
4. FOR G.B. PANT UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY, PANTNAGAR: Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Horticulture or Forestry. Students from Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. in ZBC/PCM andB.Sc.(Biotechnology) are also eligible.
5. FOR INDIRA GANDHI KRISHI VISHWAVIDYALAYA, RAIPUR: Agriculture, Biotechnology (Agriculture), Horticulture or Forestry with Bachelor's Degree under 10+2+4 pattern with at least 60% marks or equivalent OGPA.
6. FOR KERALA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, THRISSUR:Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry.
7. FOR VASANTRAO NAIK MARATHWADAKRISHI VIDYAPEETH, LATUR (MAHARASHTRA): B.Sc./B.Tech. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry Agril. Biotechnolgy, Bioinformatics (03/04 Yrs.) from recognized University with minimum CGPA 6.5 on 10 scale or 65% marks.
8. FOR ORISSA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE & TECHNOLOGY, BHUBANESWAR: Applicants must have passed 4 years Bachelor Degree in Agricultrue/Horticulture/Forestry from a duly recognized University securing at least 55% marks in aggregate.
9. FOR TAMIL NADU AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, COIMBATORE: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, or B. Tech in Biotechnology/ Horticulture /Bioinformatics under 10+2+4 pattern of education with at least 70% marks or equivalentOGPA of 3.00/4.00 or 7.00/10.00 from a Farm University. For SC/ST candidates,a pass in the qualifying degree is sufficient.
10. FOR UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, G.K.V.K., BANGALORE: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry or Sericulture or B. Sc. Agril. Biotechnology/B. Tech. [Biotechnology]/ B. Sc (Ag Biotech)/B.Sc (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agriculture/Horticulture/Forestry University.
11. FOR UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES, DHARWAD:Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, B. Sc. (Agril. Biotechnology)/B. Tech (Biotechnology)/B.Sc. (Ag. Biotech.)/B. Sc. (Agri) in Biotechnology from recognized Agricultural/Horticultural/Forestry universities.
12. FOR RAJENDRA AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, BIHAR, PUSA (SAMASTIPUR): Bachelors Degree in Biology (BZC)/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Agriculture/Horticulture. Candidates with Bachelor Degree in Biology (3 years duration) will have to spend 3 years in M.Sc. programme.
13. FOR LALA LAJPAT RAI UNIVERSITY OF VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES, HISAR: B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree recognized by Veterinary Council of India with minimum OGPA 6.0/10.0 or equivalent
14. FOR Nanaji Deshmukh PASHU CHIKITSA VIGYAN VISHWAVIDYALAYA, JABALPUR: Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) recognized by Veterianry Council of India with minimum OGPA/Percentage of marks 6.00/10.00 or equivalent for general category candidates and 5.50/10.00 or equivalent for SC/ST/PH category.
15. FOR GURU ANGAD DEV VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES UNIVERSITY, LUDHIANA: B.V.Sc & A.H./ B.V.Sc. or B.Sc. (Biotechnology/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Medical) or B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Molecular Genetics or equivalent degree with minimum OCPA of 6.00 (out of 10.00) or at least 60% marks in aggregate. Candidates admitted to Master’s programme in Animal Biotechnology with basic qualifications other than B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree shall get M.Sc. degree in Animal Biotechnology.
6. FOR MAHARASHTRA ANIMAL & FISHERY SCIENCES UNIVERSITY,NAGPUR: The candidate must possess minimum CGPA of 6.60 in 10.00 point scale respectively at B.V.Sc & A.H. degree course or a degree equivalent thereto.
17. FOR ASSAM AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY, GUWAHATI : B.V.Sc. & A.H. or equivalent degree from a recognized University with minimum CGPA 2.60 in 4.00 scale or 6.00 in 10.00 scale.
18. FOR SHER-E-KASHMIR UNIVERSITY OF
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES & TECHNOLOGY OF KASHMIR, SRINAGAR:Candidates possessing Bachelors Degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) recognised by Veterinary Council of India with minimum OGPA 6.00/10.00 or equivalent are eligible.
3. M.TECH. IN BIOTECHNOLOGY Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi, Kerala; & (3) West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata.Eligibility: Minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA (under grading system) from any recognised university in any one of the following: B.Tech/B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Leather Technology, Chemistry/Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Technology, B. Pharma, OR M.Sc. in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Biophysics, Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics. For Anna University: Candidates with B.Tech/B.E in Electrochemistry, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Technology, Food Technology, B.Tech. in Agricultural Biotechnology and M.Sc. in Chemistry & Physics are also eligible. For Cochin University of Science and Technology: Candidates with M.Sc in Marine Biotechnology, Marine Biology/Aquatic Biology & Fisheries, Environmental Biotechnology are also eligible. For West Bengal University of Technology : Candidates with M.Sc. in Bioengineering are also eligible.
a) Reservation: 15%, 7½% and 3% of seats shall be reserved for SC, ST and Person With Disability (PWD) candidates respectively. SC/ST and PWD candidates who have passed the qualifying examination are eligible to apply irrespective of their percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination. OBC reservation, wherever applicable, will be implemented as per the policy of each participating University. b) Concession for Kashmiri Migrants: 10% marks will be added to the overall marks scored by a Kashmiri Migrant candidate in the entrance examination. After adding 10% marks, in case he/she is covered in the cut-off point in themerit list, he/she will be offered admission strictly in accordance with his/her interse merit alongwith other candidates subject to his/her meeting the minimum prescribed eligibility requirements and also subject to his/her producing valid registration documents issued by the notified authorities certifying the candidate’s Kashmiri Migrant status.
TUITION FEE/ SCHOLARSHIP
Fee shall be charged from the admitted candidates as per the fee structure of the concerned University. Candidates selected for admission are generally eligible for scholarship at the rates prescribed by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
HOW TO APPLY
A candidate can apply either “Online” or “Offline”. Online Application: Candidates can apply Online on payment of prescribed fee if they have access to a computer, a printer and Internet by logging on to JNU website: www.jnu.ac.in. The sites have been designed in a ‘user friendly’ way to help candidates for applying Online in a step-bystep fashion. Online application portal will remain open from 10:00 AM (IST) on 5th February, 2016 till 5:00 PM (IST) on 21st March, 2016. Offline Application : Set of Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained through Post by sending crossed Bank Draft for Rs. 260/- (Rs. Two Hundred sixty only) drawn in favour of JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY payble at NEW DELHI alongwith a self addressed (unstamped) envelope of the minimum size of 30 cms x 25 cms. clearly indicating the programme of study for which the Application Form is required on the self-addressed envelope to the SECTION OFFICER (ADMISSIONS), Room No. 28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067. Candidates seeking a set of Application Form and Prospectus from Nepal are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs. 400/- or equivalent in US Dollars. Money Orders and Cheques are not accepted. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR REQUEST FOR SET OF APPLICATION FORM AND PROSPECTUS THROUGH COURIER. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO CASH COUNTER FOR SALE OF SET OF APPLICATION FORM AND PROSPECTUS.
Start of Online Application Process from 10.00 a.m. on 5th February, 2016
Closing of Online Application Process till 5.00 p.m. on 21st March, 2016
Start of issue of Offline Application
Forms (by Post) 5th February, 2016
Last date for issue of Offline Application
Forms (by Post) 10th March, 2016
Last date of submission of completed
Offline Application Form to reach JNU 25th March, 2016
Important Note: (i) There are different sets of Prospectus for each programme and, therefore, candidates are advised to apply separately in case they wish to apply for more than one programme i.e. (1) For M.Sc. Biotechnology OR (2) For M.Sc.(Agri.)/M.V.Sc. Biotechnology OR (3) For M.Tech. Biotechnology Programme.
(ii) Application Forms can be submitted by Registered/Speed Post to Section Officer (Admissions), Room No. 28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi - 110067 and not to any other participating University. JNU will not accept responsibility for any postal delay or irregularity or loss in postal transit. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION FORM THROUGH COURIER.
visit us at our website : http://www.jnu.ac.in for detailed information.