Current Issue 13thFebruary 2016 - 19 February 2016, i.e. No. 45
Q & As

1 - 15 out of 59

Myself Janmejay Patel have completed M.Phamra(Clinical Pharmacy) and staying in ahmedabad. I have curiosity about my possible career options available with me. In economic meltdown its really hard to have good job. please guide me how should I proceed further.

It is indeed difficult to get job in multinational pharma companies in the scenario of economic recession. But, you may still send your resume to Public Sector Companies and also in govt sector. Vacancies like drug inspector or pharmacist in states' health and druc administration department often appear in the newspapers. - Hena Naqvi 07/08/2009

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi

certificate/diploma on PSYCHOLOGY course where happen,need qualification ,total estimated cost?

Formal qualifications in psychology would be BA / BSc Psychology followed by MA/ MSc in Psychology or a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling etc. Various universities and institutions offer such training courses.Track admission notifications for details.(20.03.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I have finished bsc chemistry with 80 % of marks in my major subject and now i m working in a CRO.Please let me know whether any govt jobs related to my field(Chemistry) or pharma field.I m also pg diploma in pharmaceutical chemistry.

You should track recruitment notifications in Employment News and local dailies for leads. Applying for positions as Drug Inspector and related opportunities, applying for the Indian and State Forest Services, and other competitive examinations for entry into the job market would be other opportunities. Keep track of the UPSC notifications ( and the recruitment notices by the State Public Service Commission would yield other options.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i want to know about the job prospects after doing bachelor of medical lab techniques.can one run a independent pathology lab after doing this course, if not, what are the eligble critera other than MD(path)/DCP.

Postgraduates in microbiology and allied fields may be allowed to do so, but it would be advisable to check with the state government health authority/ department in your state.(24.02.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i wanna become a pshycologist please guide me about that.i have completed but i have a passion to study about the human pshycology please guide me.

You may find it difficult to join a full time postgraduate programme, but could pursue distance education and work with a psychologist alongside for practical exposure to the field. Otherwise, you could do MBA or MA in Human Resources and learn basic psychological inputs for a career in HR and later pursue a PhD with a psychology/ HR related topic. However, you can also fulfil your passion for studying psychology by studying the subject, but not necessarily changing your career.(22.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
sir i have done my B.H.M.S. ( Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery)in the year 2007. are there any job opportunities for me at this stage. or will i have to go for higher degree?

There are jobs for homoeopathy doctors in various hospitals, medical facilities and so on. Private practice is very popular. You can always go for a higher degree to specialize further and to enhance the scope of employment to include teaching and research also.(20.11.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I am an MBBS graduate,I want to do research work in neuropathophysiology. Please give me guidance regarding this career & institutes offerring courses in this field.

As it is newly introduced discipline, the study is not available in India as per my knowlegde. You may contact Universities abroad. (19.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
IS there any goverment recognised university offering courses in clinical research

The institute of clinical research ICRI (web: is the premier institute which offers various course in clinical research. It has its campuses in Delhi,Mumbai,Bangalore,Ahemdabad,and Hyderabad. (19.01.2009)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
How do I get admission form and prospectus for admission to AFMC for 2009 MBBS course?

Purchase prospectus and application form for Rs 250 in cash at General/ Head/ Central/ Main Post Offices(GPO Mumbai and Kolkata), GPO New Delhi (Gol Dakkhana), GPO Delhi (Kamla Nagar), P O Delhi (Krishna Nagar), HPO Delhi (Rohini), P O Delhi (Lodhi Road), HPO Delhi (Ramesh Nagar). May download from and print on glossy A4 size paper and complete. Submit with DD for Rs 250 drawn on any nationalised bank payable at Pune to AFMC Pune. January 28, 2009 is the deadline for obtaining forms including online or till stocks last)and February 5, 2009 is the deadline for submission to Officer-in-Charge, Admissions Cell, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune-411040. The notification appeared in Employment News December 20-26, 2008 and you would find details of the other post offices where the form is available.(02.01.2009)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I have completed BHMS(Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery) recently. I want to do MD in Homoeopathy. Please locate some of the best colleges to do so in India or abroad. I am also seeking an optimal Medical Officer job under the central government.

National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata, University of Delhi, Faculty of Homoeopathic Medicines and other established universities. If you want to pursue higher studies abroad, you have to determine the country of your choice and go through the website for education in that country to determine choices or attend education fairs to meet foreign university representations by tracking such notifications in the prominent dailies.(16.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
1.Please tell me about Clinical research cource, scope & future of this course. 2.I have done M.Sc. Microbiology. Please tell me it's future in government & private job

Clinical research has good prospects and scope. You can seek government jobs usually in research institutions and in private companies offering clinical research services or the pharmaceutical industry. Ideally, pursue a PhD in medical research institutions for better job opportunities and long term prospects.(01.12.2008)

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
i am a BAMS doctor.i am willing to do an course from icri. is there a good career apportunity in clinical research in india? will it be wise to enter that field?

Yes, clinical research has a good future in the country as well as abroad. Please go ahead. (11.12.2008)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
Can you pls clarify the opportunities for Epidemiologist in india. To pursue the course what is the basic qualification required. Your are greatly appreciated if provided the above information.

Epidemiologists focus on determining the occurrences and risk factors of disease, and evaluating the effectiveness of prevention and treatment of disease. The possibilities and approaches are endless. Placement opportunities for epidemiology graduates include positions in local, state, and central government health agencies; academic departments within departments of public health in universities, at medical universities or colleges of health sciences; pharmaceutical companies; hospitals and medical research institutions. MSc would be the starting point, but a PhD would be better for long term advancement opportunities. Institutions to target for study and research would include All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, Haffkine Institute, Mumbai, Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute of Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, School of Health Sciences (SHS), University of Pune, Pune, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, and national level institutions like National Institute of Communicable Disease (NICD), National Institute of Health and Family Welfare (NIHFW), National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health (AIIPH), Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), and various ICMR Institutions. The quality of your academic record and achievements and the reputation of the institutions where you pursued your education and research may determine entry level opportunities. Indicative examples.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh
I am MCA holder (DDE). I want to know about any Animation course in TamilNadu.

There are many leading companies in Tamil Nadu that offer animation programs right after completing higher secondary studies. After completing your diploma or degree in animation you can look for a career as Sketching Artist, Virtual Reality Artist, Rigger Artist or a senior animator in a top company. Industries that mostly recruit animation professionals include fashion houses, Motion Picture Production Houses Television Broadcast Production Houses and Advertising firms. Some of the institutions that provide training are listed below (indicative and not suggestive). You will have to go through their syllabi and pattern of teaching to satisfy yourself. 1. ARENA MULTIMEDIA Multimedia, 141, Purasawalkam High Road, Kellys, Chennai 600010 (Tamil Nadu) Ph: 044-26414101, Fax: 044-26414103, Email:, Website: 2. LANDMARVEL ANIMATION STUDIOS 153, Santhome High Rd, Chennai 600004 (Tamil Nadu) Ph: 044-52137755, Website: 3. OPALDNEXT 116B, Venkatasamy Road West, R S Puram Coimbatore - 641002 91 422 4399322,4359222 Email : Website :

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
I want to become animal doctor where I get this coures please tell me

There are many universities exclusively for Agriculture studies where the Animal Husbandry is being taught as a separate discipline. Other universities like BHU ( have sparate Agriculture Institute where the subject is taught. You have to have Intermediate in agriculture subject to seek admission to this course. (27.11.2008)

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi
« Previous Result Page: 1 2 3 4 Next »
This week on Employment News Weekly - 28 April 12 - 04 May 12
Career Articles
Incredible ! North East
more career articles »