Current Issue 13thFebruary 2016 - 19 February 2016, i.e. No. 45
Q & As

1 - 6 out of 6
Self Entrepreneurship

I am final year physics honours student and want to do my masters in interior designing or closely related fields to it.I have one year diploma certificate in it.After my graduation can I again have a designing degree from INIFD?And will that BSc degree in designing make me eligible for the CEED exam conducted by the IITs?

You may log on to for a review of design related courses. Your B Sc in Physics would not make you eligible for admission to the M Des programmes through CEED (details given on .Also explore the option of for interior design training and review choices offered at Srishti School of Art Design & Technology, Bangalore[]. Indicative listing.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghosh

Dear sir, I am doing my 1st Year MSc in Oceanography, Fishery and Aquaculture. I would like to do specialised course in Aquaculture and pearl culture so that I can start on my own or pick up a job in one of the aquaculture farms. Thanking you....... Asher Reuben

Your postgraduate qualification should enable you to get into the jobs of your choice. If you wish to pursue a Ph D, you could opt for the Ph D programmes under the Post Graduate Programme in Mariculture at Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute, Kochi ( l) under affiliation to the Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai, a Deemed University under the ICAR. You could try for short term or entrepreneurship courses related to your interest at CMFRI or Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, P O Kausalya-ganga, Bhubaneshwar- 751002, Central Institute of Brackish water Aquaculture, Santhome High Road, R A Puram, Chennai-600028 also.Job opportunities would be available in fish processing companies, aqua-culture farms, hatcheries, aquafeed plants, fishing gear industries etc.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghose

I Am Engineering graduate. BE-IT and want to start my own business based on 1.Agriculture & its processed products 2.S/w Developement & cybercafe. my case: currently i am working in firm as a software developer earning 6000/- per month. I have Already taken high interest education loan for my studies. Now In order to Repay it i want to go for my own business. With the help of education loan i was able toget my desired education. if an low interest loan is provided by the govt. i can built a new life again by completly paying the high interest edu. loan .and creating my own business firm

If you are repaying a loan, it would not be advisable to consider setting up a business at all. Taking up funding for a business venture and using it to repay an educational loan is the wrong idea and destined to make your business venture fail anyway. Instead, use your current work experience to move on gradually to a better paying job and then repay the loan before considering a business venture. Alternatively, look for a better paid job and start working on your business idea and look for someone who would be willing to invest funds for the business idea you have.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghose

I am truck driver. I want to get training of JCB machine?.... (Dinesh Kumar Yadav)

There is one Operator training school at JCB Head Office, Ballabgarh (Escorts JCB Limited, 23/7, Mathura Road,
Ballabgarh 121 004 ) and other one at Pune, managed by JCB dealer Siddharth Auto Engineers Pvt Ltd, 46, Shivprasad Society, Panmala, Sinhagad Road, Pune – 411030 (( . For more options try an internet search or look for the admission notifications in the prominent dailies.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghose

i am currently in second year of graduation with majors in biochemistry at post graduation i want to pursue an MBA degree course in hospital manageent or health care management or health services management or something similar please suggest some good institutes in mumbai, pune, bangalore or chennai please note that i want a degree course and not a diploma so please help mee Nida Shaikh

At Pune, choices include the 2-year MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management (affiliated to Tilak Maharashtra University) at Maharashtra Technical Education Society’s School of Management, Pune ( (, Symbiosis Department of Health Sciences, Pune( Institute of Health Management Research, 52/1, Kudlu Gate, Hosur Main Road, Bangalore – 560068 offers two year Post Graduate Diploma in Health and Hospital Management (PGDHM). At Mumbai choice is at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai ( and at Chennai such a programme is offered by Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai ( Examples are indicative.

By: Ms. Jayanti Ghose


The Central Training Institute is now known as Advanced Training Institute. The address is ATI, Udyog Nagar Kanpur – 208022. Established under Ministry of Labour, Government of India in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and International Labour Organisation (ILO) the institute has the basic objective of enhancing the wage and self employability of the unemployed youth and upgrading the skills of craftsmen, technicians, supervisors etc. by organising various full time as well as short duration courses in different trades of engineering. The website is:

By: Ms. Hena Naqvi

This week on Employment News Weekly - 28 April 12 - 04 May 12
Career Articles
Incredible ! North East
more career articles »